Wood has been a trusted flooring choice for centuries, with the first tongue-and-groove products invented in the late 1800s.
Beautiful and sustainable, wood flooring can be a fantastic enhancement to both commercial and residential interior projects.
So why make it magnetic?
Benefits Of Magnetic Wood Flooring
STRONG MEETS FLEXIBLE. TRADITIONAL MEETS TECHNOLOGY
Magnetic-backed wood products combine reliable tongue-and-groove locking with today’s new installation technology for superior sustainability and convenience.
By magnetising the underside of the wood planks using IOBAC Magnetic Foil, the installation process is made much faster and easier as planks can be fitted directly to magnetically receptive bases such as metal raised access flooring or our Ezy-Install Underlay.
Installation time can be more than halved versus traditional methods using a quick, clean and intuitive process. No messy sticking with adhesives, no fiddly clicking … just securely held, hard-wearing floors.
The wood floor is securely held, yet can be cleanly and easily uplifted whenever needed, contamination-free. The wood planks can be re-used again and again in different projects – a floor for life!
This video shows a 20m2 room fitted with magnetic wood flooring in just 3.5 hours – that’s normally a 2 day job!
How Magnetic Wood Flooring Works
Magnetic on one side and with acrylic-based adhesive on the other, high strength IOBAC Magnetic Foil is applied to wood flooring products to create a robust magnetic wood flooring solution.
Thanks to our years of experience, IOBAC can advise on the best materials and processes required to magnetise a wood product for optimum performance – please contact us for further details.
Tongue and groove wood floor
- Holds planks horizontally with abutment
- Resists vertical movement
- Provides level expanse of floor
- Protects against localised deviations of subfloor
Adhesive Film Layer
- Acrylic based adhesive with polyester film liner
- Odourless 100% solid material – VOC content not applicable
- Protects wood from moisture
- Restricts movement, improving stability of product
- Flexible strontium ferrite magnetic sheet
- PVC Free, contains no plasticisers, phthalate free
- Protects the back of the wood from moisture
- Provides the wood with extra vertical and horizontal grab to the magnetically receptive base
Applications of Magnetic Wood Flooring
Magnetic-backed wood can be installed onto the following magnetically-receptive bases:
1. Metal Raised Access Flooring
Metal raised access flooring is typically found in workplaces, data centres and retail spaces, as they easily facilitate access to electrical and data services below the sub-floor.
The magnetic wood flooring is simply installed directly onto the access flooring. This simple process saves time, materials and downtime as compared to traditional methods which can involve adhering wood to a plywood base,
- Quick installation – approx. 25sqm per hour
- Easy access to floor void at data-points and agreed areas
- Remove planks quickly
- Access floor left clean and uncontaminated for next use
Steps involved in wood flooring installation on raised metal access flooring – conventional vs magnetic wood flooring:
2. Ezy-Install Underlay
Suitable for both commercial and residential use, our Ezy-Install Underlay is a dry-laid underlay which is rolled out and cut to size for a simple. clean, adhesive-free wood floor.
Its rubber crumb composition provides excellent acoustic properties for impact sound reduction, as well as moisture protection.
It can also be used within our Ezy-Warm Underfloor heating system for beautiful, heated wooden flooring.
Magnetic Wood Flooring – Where to Buy