GKN Automotive International Headquarters
It is estimated that a commercial building may have 30-40 fit-outs during its lifecycle.
And with recent research by Perkins & Will identifying that fit-out is responsible for 40% of energy consumed by a building, environmentally conscious building-owners, tenants and contractors are naturally keen to minimise the effect of refits on the planet.
This fit-out project for GKN Automotive’s International Headquarters based on the 2nd floor of London Victoria’s Nova North redevelopment is a fantastic example of how the various project stakeholders have collaborated to create a sustainable space without sacrificing design.
One of the key drivers for the project was achieving a SKA silver rating on all installed products.
The recommendations include reducing the amount of floor finishes sent to landfill by re-using or recycling coverings and raised access flooring wherever possible.
Specialists in commercial flooring installation, Delta Commercial Flooring won the contract to install flooring onto the raised metal access flooring across the office area.
A mixture of floor covering types was specified, and so for ease and speed of installation, Delta needed an adhesive-free installation method that was compatible with them all.
The products specified were:
LVT planks – Tarkett iD Inspiration in timber effect
Woven vinyl tiles – Bolon Graphic Texture Black
Carpet tiles – Desso Desert and Grezzo
A universal system for creating floating floors, award-winning IOBAC MagTabs were the ideal solution.
Magnetic on one side and self-adhesive on the other, these smart little tabs work by locking flooring tiles tightly together using a unique 2-dimensional grip to create the next generation in “floating floor” technology.
Recently reformulated to give even more superior hold, the tabs enable a wide variety of floor coverings to be installed adhesive-free to raised metal access floors. The flooring can be loose-laid in different laying patterns to meet client’s specifications.
Hard to Shift, Easy to Lift – the flooring can be cleanly uplifted, with no contamination to the access floor, for easy re-use or recycling.
FOR BUILDING OWNERS and TENANTS
ACHIEVE CORPORATE SUSTAINABILITY GOALS
- Clean, contamination-free installation and uplift of flooring
- Access floor uncontaminated > minimal rectification needed in between leases, saving time and costs
- Floor covering uncontaminated > extend life of flooring via reuse, rather than landfill
- Minimal disruption during installation – no odour/delays – walk on floor as soon as it’s laid
FLEXIBLE FLOORING FOR MODERN BUILDINGS
- Secure, durable hold for high traffic areas due to Dual Grip technology
- Easy access, repair and maintenance – tiles can be quickly replaced without the need for professional installers
- Proven award-winning technology across range of floor covering types
FOR ARCHITECTS AND DESIGNERS
FLOORING AS A CIRCULAR MATERIAL
- Adhesive-free installation enables reuse of flooring materials/diversion from landfill
- Floor covering life extended beyond single use
- MagTabs are fully recyclable and reusable
- Help clients achieve sustainability goals
- Proven for use with a wide range of floor coverings
- Freedom of design to create spaces with swappable floor finishes
- Modular method facilitates separation and recombination of materials
FOR FIT-OUT and FLOORING CONTRACTORS
FAST, HASSLE-FREE INSTALLATION
- Reduced preparation steps
- Simplified installation process – no fiddly clicking or messy adhesives – intuitive and quick
- Universal Compatibility gives peace of mind that floor covering is well secured to access floor
- Trusted method of meeting adhesive-free specifications
- Reduced material costs
- Labour savings due to speed of installation
FOR FLOORING MANUFACTURERS
- Trusted adhesive-free installation method
- Amazingly secure hold to diverse range of floor covering types and brands
- Extend life of floor coverings, promote circularity