IOBAC Heated Flooring was developed to overcome some of the issues commonly associated with conventional electric mats and water-based underfloor heating systems.
These options can be:
- Seen as costly and therefore a luxury option
- Disruptive, complex installation processes
- Including adjustment of floor heights to accommodate bulky pipes in water-based systems
- Difficult to remediate if there is a problem
- Not as efficient to run as expected, with long heat up times for electric mats and no options for renewable energy inputs
With IOBAC Underfloor Heating, there is now an alternative ….
– No more lengthy and complex installations
– An easy to repair solution – no more digging up floors to fix problems
– A more energy efficient and cost-effective solution
– All with the capability to be powered by renewable energy.
But why does the way we heat our homes have to change?
Almost 40% of all human greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the world come from buildings, with more than half of these from residential properties.
In order to reach the carbon reduction targets that have been committed to, alternatives to fossil fuel powered heating need to be readily available and commercially accessible.
of the UK's heating comes from natural gas
potential reduction of emissions in 2050 from greener gas and alternative heat technologies
The UK government has committed to “net zero” greenhouse gases by 2050.
In March 2019, it was confirmed that from 2025 it will be illegal to install gas boilers in new build homes.
Gas and oil boilers to be phased out almost completely by 2050.
How it works
The solution incorporates the amazing properties of graphene technology with super-conductive resin to create an easily installed integrated heating solution for any environment.
The Health Benefits of Far Infrared Heat
IOBAC Underfloor Heating produces Far Infrared heat. This takes the form of radiant heat, which is absorbed by solid objects which retain it before releasing it back into the air. It is easily absorbed by the human body giving many health benefits, and is completely safe.
Download our infographic to learn more about the many benefits of Far Infrared heat, from pain relief, reduction of muscle tension and improved circulation, to boosting of the immune system and lowering of blood pressure.
It is even thought to be able to help to fight infections and inhibit airborne microorganisms found in RNA viruses, including coronaviruses, by stimulating the body’s metabolism and production of white blood cells. See our article for further details.
- No disruption to existing pipe/electric systems
- Adjusting floor height not an issue – only 0.5mm thick
- Easy to remediate
– Simply remove floor tile and coating and repaint
- Quick to heat up to 27C for LVT
- Highly efficient running costs
- Can be powered by renewable supply (Solar), can be DC or AC supply
- Health benefits of infrared heat
- Recycled additive
- Water based and 100% solid coatings